Friday, May 20, 2011

Singing with Suzanne Prentice

On Thursday 12th May 2011 we sang with Suzanne Prentice. She has been singing Kids for Kids concerts for seventeen years and that is a long time. But she has been singing since she was young. These concerts are to raise money for World Vision.

Every day we practiced the songs. My favourite song is ‘Hello Mother, Hello father’. There was one song that we had done last time.

In the morning of the 12th of May we had to be at school by 8:15 am. Then we had to go to Hamilton for rehearsal. First we did the songs without the solos. Then people tried out for the solo, but Fiona and I did not get any parts. Then we did the songs with the solo parts in it.

At night time we had to be at Founders Theatre by 6:45 to get ready. We performed a live concert at Founders Theatre. There were a lot of people there and I was scared to pieces.

I really want to sing with Suzanne Prentice again because I really enjoyed it.


By Renee

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Renee. I enjoyed your review. It must have been fun to sing with a star!
    I am really impressed with your school's wikis and blog. It must also be cool being part of an enviroschool in the country.
    I am a teacher in Hamilton and also have a blog. There is now a post about your school on it.
    I've seen your lovely school many times on my way to Kawhia.
    Well done and keep blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete